Saturday, February 20, 2016

Balancing Act

If you are a working mom you know what I'm talking about.  There is a constant battle of trying to balance working, spending time with your family, and doing fun things.  That doesn't even taking into account doing the necessary house things--cleaning, cooking, doing laundry...Oh MY! 


I recently started back to work full time outside of the house and I'm really struggling with this.  I get home at night and I'm so tired I have no energy to clean.  I spend a little time with my family, eat dinner and before I know its time to get the kids in bed.  Once they are all asleep I just want to collapse onto the bed and not move.  For the last 2 weeks I've done just that.  As you can imagine my house looks like a tornado hit it.  I have piles of laundry that need folded and put away.  My dirty basket is overflowing.  You may laugh and think I'm kidding, but look for yourself.





My kids are starting to complain that they are out of clothes--which I find hard to believe.  It has made me realize that I need to suck it up and do some work though.   I'm going to need to create a schedule of some kind to keep track of what I've done and what still needs done.  I've been waiting until Saturday to try and get all the housework done-but obviously that isn't working too well!


The question I have is where do you find the time?  For those moms out there who do this every day, what is your secret?  Do you have a routine you follow?  Do you just survive on no sleep?!  Please do tell, I can take all the help I can get at this point!

No comments:

Post a Comment