Thursday, February 6, 2014

Super Mom

Super Mom--I am not!  The first step is being able to admit it right?  I'm not sure that I'll ever be able to shake the desire though.  I read blogs, look at Facebook posts, and see articles about mom's who can do it all.  They have multiple kids, are super-crafters, extremely organized, have a perfectly clean home and a home cooked meal every night.  I REALLY want to do all of that.....I just can't.

I'm the queen of TRYING to do it all though.  I can do just about anything I put my mind to, and for some reason I feel like I should.  I'm really good at starting projects only to complete them 1/2 way before giving in.  I always say I'll finish later, but I usually don't.  How do you break that cycle?

Well, I've decided that I should work on perfecting one thing at a time.  Looking at our jam-packed calendar I realize the most important thing each day is dinner time--or at least it should be :)  I've never been much of a chef, in fact I don't really like to cook.  I could bake all day, but cooking regular food is not my cup of tea.  Since we can't survive on cupcakes and cookies I probably need to start making real meals!

What better way to do this than to dive head-first into Pinterest?!  Where were we before that wonderful website?!  I have tried a handful of recipes from there and they've been really good.  I think I've only tried 2 that we didn't like.  So I'm going to set a goal for myself.  I'm going to try 3 new recipes a week, from Pinterest or other sites.  I have a board devoted to "Food Stuff" as I call it so I'll be adding to that as I'm looking for recipes. I'm also open to suggestions on ways to dive into cooking.  What tips and tricks do you have?

Are you guilty of trying to be Super Mom?  How do you handle all of the tasks without cracking?

No comments:

Post a Comment