Friday, September 19, 2014

Time Flies

Has it really been over 7 months since my last post?  How is that even possible?  No I didn't go into hiding.  No I didn't go on an extended vacation.  No I didn't cut ties with modern technology.  Plain and simply-I just got busy.

You know how it is.  One day you're super busy and a couple of times you think "I should get a post done."  Then its bedtime and you say "I'll do it tomorrow."  Then tomorrow comes and you're just as busy.  And before you know it, a week or more has gone by.  Then you start thinking "I wonder if I'll EVER have time to write a post again!"  Finally, you tell yourself to stop scrolling through Facebook or get off Pinterest for just a moment and once you do that, time just magically appears!!

So its almost fall and school is back in session.  I now have a 2nd grader--WHAT?!  I have a preschooler that goes ALL DAY a couple days a week.  This is absolutely FABULOUS!  Last year preschool was just a couple hours in the morning 4 days a week.  That was basically enough time to drop off, make a stop at Starbucks, maybe stop in Target quick and then go back and pick her up.  But now I have 2 or 3 days with just our baby, ok she's actually 18 months today!  Its been really great....well, most days it has.  It started off rough, but we're starting to adjust to the schedule and its getting better.

And how about the house, where are we with that?  We sold our house, moved into a rental, and have ALMOST started building our new one.  We were scheduled to have the land and start building tomorrow.  Thanks to the Florida-like weather we've had in the last few weeks, aka monsoon rains, we're a bit behind schedule.  We're hoping to be starting in about 3 weeks.  ONLY 3 weeks until we start, what?!  I guess I have a lot of work to do.  We're building the house on our own which means I get to/have to pick out all of the design features we want.  I'm very excited and nervous all at the same time.  Ryan is pretty worried that my style won't blend and we'll have each room look completely different.  I'm not going to lie, that could happen.  My style is kind of all over the board.  I like craftsman, cottage, a little contemporary, rustic, and beachy styles.  We could be in trouble!  Lucky for us I'm enlisted the help of my good friend Julie to help me sort it all out.  She's really good at decorating and likes to do it so it should be a lot of fun.

I'm sure my posts over the next few months will have a lot to do with decorating/design so if you're into that--stay tuned!

What is your design style?  Do you like multiple styles?  How do you blend them all together?


No comments:

Post a Comment