Thursday, January 16, 2014

Master Bath part 2

For as long as I can remember my husband has talked about wanting a steam shower.  I, on the other hand, do not.  I don't like the stuffy, suffocating feeling that comes with all the steam and no fresh, or even circulating, air.  This is one area in our new house plans that we just can't come to an agreement on.  We definitely want a large walk-in shower with multiple shower heads.  I want a bench in it, for shaving of course.  Now if we could just find a way to make the steam shower fit in without it being too stuffy we'd be all set.  I have to admit, I haven't done a lot of research on these so I'm not even sure what the capabilities are.  Ideally we could have a system that allowed for it to be turned on or off whenever we want it.

I've come across some really cool shower designs over the years.  When I lived in Florida, a friends parents house had the biggest walk-in shower I've ever seen with a glass block wall and I thought it was the coolest thing.  I don't know if I would do it the same, but I really liked it.  When the hubby and I were on a mini-vacation we stayed at a hotel that had glass walls all around the shower.  It was cool, but there was absolutely NO privacy.  And while doing real estate for new construction I've been able to see some newer styles of showers that I like as well.  Most of them now have tiled walls on 3 side with large floor to ceiling glass doors in the opening.  I've taken little bits from all of the bathrooms I've seen.

Here's a picture of my dream bathroom.  It has everything I would want, and looks like it could even be a steam shower for my hubby!


Craftsman Bathroom by Los Angeles Architects & Designers Evens Architects

What would your dream bath look like?  Would you choose a steam shower?

No comments:

Post a Comment