Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Never enough time

The title says it all right?  This could apply to so many different areas in life.  This particular post is talking about finding the time to exercise.  I don't know why it has to be so hard.  I can find a million other things to do before I take the time to exercise.  Then by the time I'm ready it's late and I'm too tired.  "I'll start tomorrow" I say to myself, knowing full well I won't!  So I've come up with a plan.  I have several different workout videos that I've used a lot and a little at different times.  One of my favorite is a series of 5 different 10 minute workouts.  I liked this so much I bought one for Pilates, cardio, and even a prenatal one when I was pregnant.  What I like about these are the amount of flexibility they provide.  If I'm short on time I can do 1 video here and 1 video there.  And if I have enough time I can combine them to make 1 long workout. It's really the perfect mix.  So then why is it that I still can't consistently do this!?  What it is about working out that always makes it so easy to quit?  Why is it the first thing to get pushed to the back burner?

About a week ago I read an article online that said something about a 100 day challenge.  It basically was a challenge to exercise for 100 days.  Sounds great, except that I know that is too big of a step to take and I will inevitably fail long before it gets here.  So I decided to start small and make a challenge that is easily attainable and then add on to it.  So I'm starting a 10 day challenge.  I want to challenge you to do some type of exercise for 10 days.  That could be walking, running, a kickboxing class, Pilates, yoga...just get moving and do something.  Let's say a total of at least 30 minutes a day.  That doesn't sounds too bad right?

So who's with me?  Let's make it a team challenge and hold each other accountable. I'll check in again in 10 days and by then maybe we'll be getting into a routine and we can extend it.  Let's do this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment